DHEC's Hearing Program pays for hearing aids and supplies for eligible children and youth with hearing impairment diagnosed by a licensed audiologist.
- U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residency
- South Carolina residency
- Age under 18 years (services available for people over age 18 with certain types of Medicaid coverage)
- Household income at or below 250% of the federal poverty level (pdf) or Medicaid coverage for child.
- Payment for hearing aids, hearing aid repairs, batteries and other supplies
- Help working with audiologist, if needed to be sure that all needs are addressed
- Information and referral for other services for hearing impaired children if needed, including services available through public schools.
How to Apply
Contact your nearest regional CSHCN office .
If you have questions about getting services for your child with special needs, please contact us .