NPDES Stormwater Discharges from Construction Activities General Permit Resissued
The Department has reissued the NPDES General Permit for Stormwater Discharges from Construction Activities (SCR100000) on January 29, 2021. Please find below a link to the permit and the response to public comments. The permit will become effective on March 1, 2021.
Things to Know:
• In the coming weeks, DHEC staff will post a revised Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan Template that construction site operators and consulting engineers may use.
• In the coming weeks, DHEC will post an updated form D-0451, auto-coverage form for very small projects in the coastal zone
• As noted in the Fact Sheet, the reissued permit is demonstrably similar to the previous permit. Please consult the Fact Sheet for specific updates.
• Construction site operators granted coverage under the previous permit are automatically covered under the reissued permit and do not need to submit a new NOI.
The following forms were created to assist facilities with reporting required by construction or operating permits. Use of these forms is not mandatory. These forms are intended for guidance purposes only and may not be applicable to all facilities. Some forms require manipulation so that spreadsheets represent materials used at your facility.
In the coming months, six newly-permitted MS4 programs will begin implementation of the Construction Site Runoff Control and Post-Construction Stormwater Management Minimum Control Measures (MCMs) required in their permits. These MCMs require that each MS4 develop, implement, and enforce a program to reduce pollutants in stormwater runoff from land-disturbing activities. Each program must include provisions for the review of Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs) for construction activities occurring within their jurisdiction. On the dates noted below, SWPPPs and applications for construction activities must be submitted to the MS4s and receive approval from them prior to DHEC's issuance of coverage under the NPDES Construction General Permit. For projects located in Beaufort County, requests for NPDES Construction permit coverage and Coastal Zone Consistency (CZC) Certification can be submitted to DHEC concurrently with application to the MS4 should this be necessary to expedite permitting times.
A general flowchart for this process is available via the following link http://www.scdhec.gov/sites/default/files/docs/Environment/docs/NPDES-CZCTransMS4Areas.pdf.
The schedule for implementation for each of these MS4s is:
|Beaufort County (Unincorporated Areas)*||July 1, 2017|
|Town of Bluffton*||July 1, 2017|
|Town of Hilton Head Island*||July 1, 2017|
|City of Clemson||September 1, 2017|
|Clemson University||September 1, 2017|
|Lancaster County (North of SC 5 and extending east to North Carolina state line)||December 31, 2017|
Addresses and contact information for all MS4 programs can be found by visiting here.
* CZC Determinations are required for projects located within these jurisdictions.
- Overview - Construction
- Less Than 1 Disturbed Acre
- 1 - 2 Disturbed Acres
- 2 or Less Disturbed Acres (Coastal Zone)
- More than 2 Disturbed Acres
- Individual Residential Lots
- Applications & Forms
- As-Built Surveys
Guidance and Tools
- Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- BMP Handbook
- Construction General Permit
- Design Aids & Guidance
- Water Quality Mapping Tool
- Links to Other Stormwater-Related Websites
Stormwater Permit Submission and Review Process
Contact, Location Info